Tuesday 21 August 2012

The Real Quick Results of a Face Wash

WARNING:
girlie post ahead
contains Product names, and
is an exceptionally dull read unless you are unnaturally interested in other people's skin
OR
thinking about trying Beauty Parlour Daily Face Wash


Beauty Parlour Daily Face Wash

So my sister was telling me I just had to try this product.
Use it day and night, scrub it in, leave for a bit, wash off.
The question is: Does it work?

Many adverts for skin care and beauty products claim that X percent of women who tried it observed a 'noticeable difference' after a short period of time. I never quite believed in adverts. Partly because advertisers lie, and partly because it is so easy to imagine a big difference if you want to believe the product works. I've done it myself, on several occasions, and could never prove whether something works, or whether I simply believe I look better than before. I'd like photographic evidence.

I'm not expecting a miracle. I'm not expecting to wake up one morning with perfect skin. It's just a face wash, after all. What I would like to see is my existing blemishes living their natural life and then disappear, and new ones to never, ever, ever appear. Like, EVER.

Note that this is the only product I'm using, and my diet is as shockingly unhealthy as ever if not worse. Nor am I drinking more water than before, mainly because Norwegian water tastes nasty and filthy when I'm used to English water (and English water tastes like a swimming pool when I'm used to Norwegian; both are perfectly clean and safe to drink however).

Since I have nothing else to do this week, and my skin is... well, let's face it, far from perfect - let's observe the effect for 7 days.



Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

 Day 6

Day 7



The morning of Day 3, I fancy I notice my skin starting to look cleaner. The pictures, however, show little or no difference from the day before. The power of faith, huh? Or wishful thinking...

Day 4, I also think my skin looks better. As the photo shows, this time it's not just wishful thinking! It has become just a little bit harder to play Connect the Dots on my face!

Since I haven't been quite disciplined enough to get these photos at the same time every day, and some days are brighter than others, the photographs may not be as reliable as evidence as they could be. Another example of how pictures lie. Still, you kind of get the idea.

Before/After

Looking at these two together, a week of religiously using face wash doesn't really make that big a difference. Not visually anyway. Maybe my skin really is cleaner, but it doesn't show. It is clear, however, that my skin, like everything else, has its good and bad days. Seems I am fully committed to my mood swings.


A few words beyond just the visual effects.
You may call this a review of sorts. I quite like the smell and feel of this product. It leaves my skin feeling clean and very soft. I also adore the design, although I guess that's just a visual thing and not at all an important factor *cough* that made my sister pick it up in the first place *cough*
Skin care, in general, is a bit time consuming though, especially when you're not used to it. Most mornings and nights all I want to do is sleep. I must say though,  have tried longer and more complicated beauty routines that may or may not have had the same effect as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment