Wednesday 15 August 2012

A Long Day

If the question had been whether I'd like to come home for a bit so I could sit around the house, all alone, while the builders were working downstairs, I rather suspect my answer would be something like "lol, no"

That wasn't the question, however, so here I am. Dad buggered off and my sister decided she'd bugger off too, once she got up. Only one thing to do: Lord of the Rings extended cut marathon.
By noon, I finished watching the Fellowship of the Ring.

"Ugh," my sister says, halfway through the Two Towers, "are you watching that shite?"
She puts her earplugs in and starts watching some teen nonsense called Pretty Little Liars.

Then, a few hours later, something funny happens. My sister, demonstratively not watching, wants to get up and make a salad. "pause it." By the end of the Return of the King, "COME ON SAM! SAM SAM SAM! YESSSS!"

Just one thought (too tired for much thinking) - Why are the nazgûl so much scarier on horseback than they are on their winged beasts? Is it because, on horseback, I can imagine the wraiths in the real world, while the winged beasts are too far removed from reality?

---

The next day is also very very long, spent pretty much the same way, and I am even more tired than before. Ever been so tired it hurts?

No comments:

Post a Comment