Saturday 18 August 2012

A New Project

My dad's been thinking.
One of the paintings on the living/dining room wall just doesn't fit in thematically anymore.
It is a beautiful landscape.
Everything else is music related.
Luckily, there's an artist in the family, and she's there right now.

There is another painting, close to the spot where the new project will have to be, that has to work with it. Therefore style and colours should be similar.

dancers

After a bit of thinking, I thought it could be funny to paint some figurines that stand on a shelf in a different part of the room. They are much the same simple linear form as my dancers, music & dance, notes and musicians work well together thematically, and it could be a fun bit of repetition to connect the two parts of the room.

musicians figurines

I've picked three small canvases for the work, one for each musician, both because I love the visual effect of three canvases together, and because none of the canvases I had lying around were big enough for the space, and I won't have an opportunity to go shopping. For the same reason, this project just became a bit more challenging, as I'll have to do it with system 3 paints. This will be just like my upper secondary school art projects.

Daler Rowney System 3 Acrylic Paint

Not very impressive yet is it...
Never mind, I always need a base layer before I start really working on a painting anyway. I guess I'm terrified of the empty space that is an untouched canvas.

Another painting session, and it's starting to come together. 

musicians
I believe this is done. I'm quite happy with it anyway.

violin

bass

trumpet



No comments:

Post a Comment