Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Picture Never Lies

It's not an unfamiliar concept.
Pictures lie.

They may be designed to freeze and capture a piece of reality, yet subtle manipulations, whether with camera, editing, positioning, or the smile of the person being photographed, can form a very misleading piece of reliable evidence indeed.

So when we viewed a flat yesterday that turned out to be much less attractive than the photographs, I wasn't too surprised. It was disappointing though.

I was expecting small.
It was.

The problem was the kitchen. My reaction to the kitchen went something like this:

wow.
well, I can just about turn around...
where's the cupboards?
...
that's it? I can't fit my plates in there! 
my plates will have to go.
cups?
well space for them there... but some will have to go.
I'll... have to seriously downsize... and get rid of three quarters of my stuff.
awwww. That's sad.
I like cooking.


In the end, we decided to just keep looking.
The flat was alright, I could have lived there, but we weren't blown away by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment