Friday 13 July 2012

On Being Bored

I am bored.
Right now, 5 minutes ago, 2 hours ago, this morning, all day really.
And it's not the first time either.

Why?

Surely, there are plenty of things to do.
Clean the kitchen, for example.
Read something enlightening. Learn something new. Go out.
Instead, I turn the tv on.

There's nothing on tv.

So I turn the xbox on.
System error. It's dying, sadly, but it's not dead yet. Not quite, anyway. So I unplug everything, turn it on again, and hesitate. What to play? What do I feel like today?

Not Mass Effect. I've played Mass Effect to death already, done everything, at least in the first two games - got through the third one twice and feel like I'm done with it. So something else. Gta? Don't feel like fighting the awful controls today. Fallout? Just finished Fallout 3 a couple of months back, not really in the mood for New Vegas. Racing? meh. Skyrim? Lost interest after finishing the story. Fable? Lost interest before finishing the story.

I ended up putting Bioshock on, and that kept me entertained for a couple of hours.
What a gorgeous looking game.
Also, I kinda missed the beginning last time I played it, as I believe I was slightly drunk at the time.

Now, though...
I'm bored again.


No comments:

Post a Comment