Sunday 8 July 2012

So, makeup.

I'll just put my face on first.


So, makeup.

It's a bit of a difficult subject for me, because I don't really know how I feel about it.
In everyday life, makeup is generally more effort than it's worth, but it can also be fun and make me look pretty - though this is a dangerous thought really, since

makeup = pretty 
implies 
no makeup =/= pretty

Indeed, girls I have known who wear makeup a lot seem to do so because they feel too insecure to go out without it. I have known girls I didn't recognize without any makeup on. This seems to also be reflected in popular culture, with the emergence of 'makeunder' shows, something of a guilty pleasure of mine. 



I personally have no problem going out without makeup, but I do recognize how painting my face change not only the way I feel about myself, but also my personality. It can be like a mask - an improved, prettier version of me, hiding my true self. I become more confident and less vulnerable. It doesn't help that my skin isn't great in the first place, so anything that can cover up my blemishes is good. 



 Of course it's probably better for my skin to focus on skin care rather than makeup for that - imagine having naturally beautiful skin! Besides, covering my skin with cosmetics all the time seems to make it worse.

Skin care takes time though.

Lots of it.

I've been using a dead sea mud soap twice a day recently, since I'm trying to clear my skin for my graduation, and that takes forever. It is possible I only think that because I'm always tired when I do it, but still - lots of time and effort.

Then there's things like face masks. That always looks smart.

...
..
.



Don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment