Tuesday 17 July 2012

Irrational Annoyance

Since I am currently about to move, the flat I've been renting is now on the market, and of course there has been a couple of viewings. The latest one was this morning. On one hours notice.

Oh, the landlady did ask this time, rather than inform me there will be one. This would be because I really am entitled to 24 hours notice, so I would have had the right to say no.

I didn't though. I couldn't think of a valid reason to say no, other than 'I'm still half asleep and haven't washed up in 2 days', or possibly 'because you're supposed to give me 24 hours notice' which, on its own, frankly makes me sound like a quarrelsome 5-year-old. So I assessed the situation, decided I could indeed make the place look presentable in an hour, and agreed.

I do find myself a little bit annoyed about it though.

I can't quite explain this one, because there is really no good reason to be annoyed.
I've kept the flat tidy enough that it would be presentable quickly.
I needed to wash up anyway, and told myself yesterday I should have done it already or it would become too much work.
It wasn't that early in the morning, objectively speaking.
It's not that much of a disruption. They see all the rooms, ask about the council tax, and leave.

So why be annoyed?
Maybe it's just the short notice, that if I had 2 more hours it would be perfectly fine.

Maybe I'm just crazy and irrational.


No comments:

Post a Comment