Thursday 28 June 2012

Learning the Basics

About a year ago, I had an idea. I should have a website.

After all, I am a painter.
I may not be a very good artist, but I am a fairly decent painter, and while deviantART works perfectly well as an image dump for all my work, it may not be the most professional place to direct a potential customer - one might get distracted and end up looking at someone else's work before you know it, and we wouldn't want that.

So I need a website.
A nice, professional website to display my work.

And in order to get a website, I can either pay someone to make one for me, or learn to do it myself.
I chose the latter.

So here I am, with a nice big book explaining the use of HTML code and CSS rules, and a program that promises to do it all for me once I've mastered the basics. I can't say how long it will take to finish the lessons in this book, and later to create a website for myself, but this is how far I've got:


This, by the way, is hand coded in TextEdit and opened in my browser.
I did a little victory dance - however simple it looks, I did it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment