Friday 7 September 2012

The elephant-pig-teapot


Just came across this old drawing in my DeviantArt scraps. It made me smile.

Back in the day, when I first started doing art and learning to draw, the teacher put out a teapot for us to perfectly represent with pencils on paper. Mine was criticized for looking too alive, like a living creature, due to the high contrast and vibrant, energetic lines I used to represent it... at least this is how I remember the conversation. Shush. Don't question me.

Anyway, later on, (yes during recess) I did a smaller version, where the teapot in question was, in fact, transformed into an animal. This is the elephant-pig-teapot.

It is a friendly and playful creature, which co-exists peacefully with miniature tea cups and tables. 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute sketch! I love the idea of an elephant teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I believe there are some out there. Teapots come in all shapes and sizes after all, not all of them as teapot-shaped as an elephant (I'm quite sure I saw one shaped as Big Ben once)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete