Sunday 17 February 2013

In Defence of Walking

Look, I'm a walker. I'll walk pretty much everywhere if I can, and anything less than 1 hour is what I consider walking distance. And people tend to think I'm craaaazy. Yeah, maybe I am. But there are reasons.

I like being in control. If I walk, I am in control. I know when to go and when I'll get there, and don't have to depend on anyone else.

I also hate to stand and wait. This is why I can't stand the bus. Standing and waiting is wasting time. Walking might take longer, but because I'm actively in the process of moving, it doesn't feel like that time is wasted.

Not to mention it is time to myself, to listen to music and think. Sometimes it is necessary to be alone and have time with your thoughts. It is essential for creative processes, and it's just nice.

And did I mention exercise? That too.

No comments:

Post a Comment